Monday, May 13, 2013

The Longevity of a Trading Blog

Koi, Photo by DanCentury
I'll get straight to the point. I want to make sure that this blog has longevity. By that I mean that if you were to come read one of my blog post one year after it was written, it would still be relevant. There are so many blogs out on the web that post 'daily market updates' or 'recommended stock picks' and they are easy enough to find. I don't want this blog to become a blog where each post has a limited shelf life. If you are looking for a daily market analysis, I have posted some links (on the left side) with good blogs that have just that type of information.

Over the life of the ProfitMonkey blog, I hope to cover topics on combining fundamental and technical analysis and how best to bring these to types of analysis together for investing success. From this same perspective I'll cover some additional important topics:
  1. Elliott Wave principal;
  2. Understanding trends;
  3. Trader and investor mind set;
  4. Behavioral economics;
  5. Trading plans;
  6. Trading styles;
  7. Managing your money;
  8. What's important in a balance sheet;
  9. Managing emotions and admitting when you're wrong - accepting failure;
  10. The simplicity of market movement;
  11. Don't panic - the importance of patience when trading;
  12. Why timing is everything;
If you have any other questions or ideas that you'd like to see on the blog, comment below and I'll add it to the list.

Trade well,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment